How to get yourself right emotionally after suffering a tragic loss, setback, bad breakup, getting fired from your job, unexpected health challenges, etc., and how this is essential to enabling you to get yourself into a positive enough mental state to move forward towards creating the life and lifestyle you really want.
In this video coaching newsletter, I discuss the importance of getting yourself right emotionally. What inspired me to discuss this topic was an interview with future Hall of Fame NFL quarterback, Tom Brady of the New England Patriots. This interview was right after Tom’s team had a horrible loss when they got beat badly by the Kansas City Chiefs on Monday, September 29th, 2014, with a final score of 41-14. The loss was so bad, and he and his team played so badly, that morons in the sports media world started saying things like he was basically washed up, too old, the game had passed him by, and his reign as one of the top NFL quarterbacks to ever play the game was over.
The media also savagely attacked their brilliant and outstanding future NFL Hall of Fame coach, Bill Belichick. They were saying things such as, the game had passed him by, he had lost his edge, he is too old, he should retire, and other nonsensical, ridiculous, and insulting BS. The very next week, like all great coaches, quarterbacks, and teams, the New England Patriots absolutely crushed their next opponent. Like all great athletes, CEO’s, coaches, entrepreneurs, leaders, etc., the best of the best understand the importance of getting yourself right emotionally, and recovering from bad things or bad situations. Tom Brady said this about their loss to the Chiefs, “We’re better than we played. We wanted to get back on the field…on to next week,” and their coach even echoed this. He wouldn’t even answer any questions after the game about the loss. He just kept dogmatically repeating, “We’re on to next week.”
THE FUNDAMENTALS OF GETTING YOURSELF RIGHT EMOTIONALLY
1) The importance of loving what you do – Don’t let your belief systems stand in the way of you doing and becoming what you need to become to create the life and lifestyle you always wanted. You have to love what you’re doing.
2) The importance of having an unshakable confidence in yourself – You must believe if you work hard enough, and do the right things long enough and consistently enough, eventually things will turn around.
3) The importance of quickly recovering from failures, losses, or setbacks – Focus on the positivity of your circumstances. If you experience setbacks, think about what you can do differently to get back to where you need to be, instead of losing hope.
4) The importance of getting yourself right emotionally – Put yourself into a positive empowering mindset. Meditation is a great way to quiet the mind and put you in a mindful state.
5) The one key trait all winners have in common – Focus on what must be done with unshakeable confidence. If you only focus on what is important, and what needs to be done, eventually you will turn things around.
6) The importance of infinite patience – Taking action breeds confidence and courage. When you are taking action, you are not worrying about the things you want that have not yet shown up in life.
7) The importance of persistence – Patience, persistence, and perseverance will pay off in the long run.
8) The importance of never giving up – Know what you want, and look at it as just a matter of time and repetition until you get to where you want to be.
10) The importance of discipline and fundamentals – Be persistent about sticking to fundamentals. Follow those who inspire you. Every step you take matters.
11) The importance of repetition – Repetition is the mother of skill. Every accomplishment is a result of time and repetition.
12) The importance of chasing perfection and how this creates excellence – If you focus on the fundamentals of what needs to be done, you will enable yourself to create excellence.
13) The importance of living in the present moment – Focusing on the present moment, and concentrating on what you need to do today, will determine where you end up in the future.
If you feel I have added value to your life, you can show your appreciation by doing one of the following three things:
From my heart to yours,
Author, Speaker, Peak Performance Coach, Entrepreneur
“Your ability to make good choices that will quickly move you towards what you want in life, is directly proportional to your ability to keep yourself in a peaceful and relaxed state, and get yourself right emotionally after something traumatic or disconcerting has occurred in your life. Everyone has ups and downs in their lives. People who are successful consistently are able to not let the things that bring them down, keep them down. It’s healthy and essential to experience your pain, fears, anger, loss, sadness, depression, etc., and be authentically present with it so it can dissolve, but you don’t want to live in those low energy states consistently. We tend to make better choices and take more efficient action when we are in a peaceful and relaxed state, versus being in a stressed and fearful state. You must feel your pain and negative emotions authentically, in order for them to dissolve so you can move past them, but you’ll be more successful, happy, and efficient long term if you can consistently keep yourself in a positive and empowering state. What you resist will persist, but what you look at and experience authentically, will disappear and dissolve. The longer you resist your negative emotions, the longer it will take to get yourself right emotionally, and return to a peaceful and relaxed state.” ~ Coach Corey Wayne